Tuesday, February 5, 2019

#34 of 100 Creations in 100 Days: Red Onion and Analogous Background

I'm not ready to declare this "done" yet, but it's my offering for #34 of 100 Creations in 100 Days for today. I taught this morning and afternoon and have another class this evening, so the two hours in the studio from 6 - 8 AM and 1.5 after lunch will have to suffice!

This piece has gone through many iterations to get to where it is now. I started it this morning when it was still dark outside so the only light on it was artificial from a lamp, then the sun rose, adding new light to work with. This afternoon after class when I went back out to finish it, the light was completely different, so I had to adjust everything, then decided the background needed to be different colors than I'd painted them originally. I don't think I'm 100% satisfied, but it is what it is for now. Who knows what I'll think tomorrow morning when I get back to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing with Acrylics and Stencils and Gelli Plates and Rice Paper and... and... and...!

One of the joys of being a teacher is that I get to learn so much from my students... For the last couple of years I've been working w...