Tuesday, February 26, 2019

#41, #42, #43 of 100 Creations in 100 Days. Aboriginal Designs and CitraSolv Papers


#41
As a child, I spent a lot of time doodling in my notebooks while also taking notes.  I had certain doodles I always went back to, like drawing flowers, or creating auras around objects, like words written in "bubble script". Recently I was browsing the work of aboriginal artists from Australia and found ones that reminded me of the doodles I used to do so I  decided to use them as the basis of some new work.  These two pieces are the result. They are both done on black paper using a white (and gold) gel pen.




#42
The paper that both have in common is a paper I purchased, not something I drew.  I just liked the juxtaposition of one to the other.

#43












This third piece is done on a page from a National Geographic which was treated with Citrasolv.  Citrasolv makes the ink dissolve, sometimes completely, sometimes just a bit. This page was primarily text with a block of image. The ink hadn't completley dissipated so I played with the patches where is was lighter and darker, creating auras around each light patch, then coloring in some of the curves created from that patterning. I plan to play with this technique some more.  It was enjoyable to create and I like the results.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing with Acrylics and Stencils and Gelli Plates and Rice Paper and... and... and...!

One of the joys of being a teacher is that I get to learn so much from my students... For the last couple of years I've been working w...