Monday, January 21, 2019

#29 Knobbly Kneed Tree (Trigger warning)

#29
Knobbly Kneed Tree.
I created this image after doing some energy work/body work.  During it I recalled an event that happened in my youth with a boyfriend who had little to no ability to listen to my "NO", no matter how firm, no matter how clear, no matter how frequent.  Instead, he was atuned to his 18-year-old bodily needs and desire to satisfy them.  He coerced me mightily until I complied on my knees under this tree with bumpy roots.

I have written many poems about him and his coercion and its affect on me, but I'm choosing not to post them here because they leave me feeling too raw and exposed. If you want to see one of the pieces, you can see it at Life in 10 Minutes where I posted one in April 2018.  It's by far the least intense of all the writings I've done about this man who affected my entire life with his insistence that I satisfy his urges and not listen to my own needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing with Acrylics and Stencils and Gelli Plates and Rice Paper and... and... and...!

One of the joys of being a teacher is that I get to learn so much from my students... For the last couple of years I've been working w...