Monday, January 21, 2019

#15 - 20 of 100 Creations in 100 Days : Fun with CitraSolv!

After a week of no entries, I'm back!

The living room converted into our work/play
space!
I spent the last four days at Wintergreen with four friends creating! What a wonderful fun time!  We stayed in two condos there, one of which we converted from a lovely living room into a temporary studio and filled it with more art supplies than Michaels and AC Moore sell combined!
And boy, did we play hard!  I haven't seen the others' work because I was so busy making my own, but we will share Thursday when we gather again.  I played with CitruSolv, an organic cleanser which artists have discovered will take the ink off of the pages of National Geographic and will turn into beautiful textures!  Leave it to artists to discover the craziest things!

#16 20 Shades of Blue
#17 Abstract Strips
The prompt for the piece on the left was 20 shades of blue.  I used my color pencils, watercolors, and Tombow markers for many of those, but when I needed more, I rifled through my CitruSolv papers to find more.  Unfortunately some of them have a bit too much glare on them to be able to see well, but some you can see.  The piece on the right was me playing with strips from CitruSolv papers to make an abstract design.
#18 The Wisdom of our Elders

This tree is one of my favorite Citrusolv pieces.  One of the women in the group shared with me a children's book about planting trees in Israel which had lovely illustrations.  I decided to make my own version of one of them using watercolor for the background and Citrusolve papers for the tree.  I'm crazy about the textures that come from this process!

#19 Response to Dettifoss Waterfall
#20
#19 is a combination of a postcard image of Dettifoss Waterfall in northern Iceland and strips of CitruSolv papers.  I write the story about it in my next blog post.

#20 contains an unlikely combination of elements - a page from National Geographic which wasn't completely destroyed by CitraSolv's magic along with a photocopy of one of Monet's late paintings.  I was drawn to the marks Monet made and their abstract quality juxtaposed against the texture of the CitraSolv and the ropes and other linear features remaining from the picture in National Geographic.

I can see that CitraSolv holds much potential for art for me.  I look forward to playing with it more in and out of my Visual Journal and am thankful for the chance to explore its possibilities this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing with Acrylics and Stencils and Gelli Plates and Rice Paper and... and... and...!

One of the joys of being a teacher is that I get to learn so much from my students... For the last couple of years I've been working w...