Sunday, January 6, 2019

#2 of 100, Weaving

About a year ago I began taking bookmaking classes at Studio 23 here in Richmond,  Alyssa Salomon was the excellent teacher who introduced me to all things "book" and also told me about other teachers in the Paper Arts World whom she admired and/or had worked with.  One of those women is Helen Hiebert.  Helen offers online classes as well as workshops in her own studio in Colorado and around the country.  I am working on bringing her to Richmond, but don't have any firm plans yet.

One of Helen's crafts is paper weaving.  A few years ago she took on creating 100 woven pieces in 100 days - yes, she inspired me in my current project!  This piece is also inspired by her.  She has done lots of pieces where she's woven circles together.

I created this piece using one piece of solid card stock and a piece of the paper I made with Citrusolv and a page from National Geographic Magazine.  The first image is the front. The second is the back.  It was tricky getting the pieces to all meet in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing with Acrylics and Stencils and Gelli Plates and Rice Paper and... and... and...!

One of the joys of being a teacher is that I get to learn so much from my students... For the last couple of years I've been working w...